- How do you use delightful?
- What is the verb of serious?
- What is the biblical definition of delight?
- What is the opposite word of delight?
- What is the synonym and antonym of delight?
- What is a another word for delightful?
- What does satisfying mean?
- What is the verb of original?
- What part of speech is delightful?
- What is the meaning of generally pleasing?
- Which word can better replace the word delight?
- What is the verb form of delightful?
- What is the adverb of delightful?
- Is delighted a formal word?
- What is the opposite of pleasing?
- What is another word for pleasing?
- What is the definition for delightful?
- What is antonym of delightful?
- What is the adjective form of delight?
- What is a pleasing personality?
How do you use delightful?
It was a delightful surprise.
What a delightful boy he was.
The town is delightful ; much nicer than a mythical Idaho location they’d like me to believe.
Alex was a delightful companion..
What is the verb of serious?
Answer: seriously… : D. ocabanga44 and 15 more users found this answer helpful.
What is the biblical definition of delight?
To “delight,” says Webster’s Dictionary, is to “take pleasure” or “to give keen enjoyment” or to “give joy or satisfaction to.” Therefore, to delight in God’s Law/Word is to “take pleasure in the Word of God.” In simple words, it means we enjoy the Word.
What is the opposite word of delight?
delight. Antonyms: pain, suffering, sorrow, trouble, misery, displeasure, dissatisfaction, disappointment, discomfort, dejection, depression, distress, melancholy, discontent. Synonyms: enjoyment, pleasure, happiness, transport, ecstasy, joy, gratification, gladness, rapture, bliss.
What is the synonym and antonym of delight?
verb. ( Synonyms. like enrapture endear please satisfy enthral transport ravish enchant enthrall gratify. Antonyms. disenchant displease dissatisfy dislike conserve.
What is a another word for delightful?
SYNONYMS FOR delightful pleasant, pleasurable, enjoyable; charming, enchanting, delectable, agreeable.
What does satisfying mean?
: producing pleasure or contentment by providing what is needed or wanted : enjoyable, gratifying a highly satisfying result/experience a satisfying meal No pig ever had truer friends, and he realized that friendship is one of the most satisfying things in the world.—
What is the verb of original?
originate. (transitive) To cause to be, to bring into existence; to produce, initiate. [from 17th c.] (intransitive) To come into existence; to have origin or beginning; to spring, be derived (from, with).
What part of speech is delightful?
adjectiveDELIGHTFUL (adjective) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
What is the meaning of generally pleasing?
: giving pleasure : agreeable the sun’s pleasing warmth.
Which word can better replace the word delight?
Delight Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for delight?charmgladdenenamorenraptureentertainenthralUKenthrallUSentranceexcitefascinate227 more rows
What is the verb form of delightful?
delight is the verb of delightful.
What is the adverb of delightful?
adverb. /dɪˈlaɪtfəli/ /dɪˈlaɪtfəli/ in a very pleasant way synonym charmingly.
Is delighted a formal word?
Delighted. ‘Delighted’ can be used exactly the same as ‘pleased’ can be (i.e. to say you were ‘happy’ to find out about something which was positive and tell someone some good news).
What is the opposite of pleasing?
pleasing(adj) the act of one who pleases. Antonyms: infuriating, disconcerting, upsetting, exasperating, maddening, vexing, displeasing, off-putting.
What is another word for pleasing?
Synonyms & Antonyms of pleasingagreeable,blessed.(also blest),congenial,darling,delectable,delicious,delightful,More items…
What is the definition for delightful?
: highly pleasing a delightful surprise enjoyed a delightful brunch.
What is antonym of delightful?
Compare BEAUTIFUL; CHARMING; DELICIOUS. Antonyms: depressing, disappointing, distressing, hateful, horrible, melancholy, miserable, mournful, painful, saddening, woful, wretched. Synonyms: acceptable, agreeable, congenial, delicious, grateful, gratifying, pleasant, pleasing, pleasurable, refreshing, satisfying, welcome.
What is the adjective form of delight?
adjective. /dɪˈlaɪt̮əd/ very pleased a delighted smile delighted to do something I’d be absolutely delighted to come. “
What is a pleasing personality?
1. A GREAT ATTITUDE. A cheerful, friendly attitude is your greatest tool in developing relationships. Most people operate out of a place of fear and uncertainty when it comes to dealing with people they don’t know.