- What’s another word for Babble?
- What does bables mean?
- What is the antonym of babble?
- What is meant by fallow?
- What does braying mean?
- What does babble mean in the Bible?
- How do you use babble in a sentence?
- What is another word for talking?
- What is the purpose of babbling?
- What’s the difference between babbling and cooing?
- What is the meaning of babble in English?
- What is an example of babbling?
- What is the meaning of gazed?
- What is the meaning of handlooms?
- Is babbling a sign of talking?
What’s another word for Babble?
Babble Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for babble?yackety-yakchatterbabblingwafflejabberingchatgabyaktattlenatter130 more rows.
What does bables mean?
1. to utter sounds or words imperfectly, indistinctly, or without meaning. 2. to talk idly, irrationally, excessively, or foolishly; chatter or prattle. 3. to make a continuous murmuring sound. 4. to utter in an incoherent or meaningless fashion. 5. to reveal foolishly or thoughtlessly: to babble a secret.
What is the antonym of babble?
To prate is to talk idly, presumptuously, or foolishly, but not necessarily incoherently. To jabber is to utter a rapid succession of unintelligible sounds, generally more noisy than chattering. To gossip is to talk of petty personal matters, as for pastime or mischief. To twaddle is to talk feeble nonsense.
What is meant by fallow?
Fallow is a farming technique in which arable land is left without sowing for one or more vegetative cycles.
What does braying mean?
1. To utter the loud, harsh cry of a donkey. 2. To sound loudly and harshly: The foghorn brayed all night.
What does babble mean in the Bible?
Babble on refers to saying the same prayers over and over like using a rosary. Our prayers should have meaning and purpose. God hears all prayers.
How do you use babble in a sentence?
The crowd babble of the traffic accident. I heard the babble of many voices. Don’t babble the secret to them. I can’t listen to his constant babble. Have you heard the babble of running water? The babble of voices in the next compartment annoyed all of us.More items…•Mar 21, 2017
What is another word for talking?
What is another word for talking?gabchatchattergossiptalkblatherbletherchitchatnatterpalaver48 more rows
What is the purpose of babbling?
A growing body of research over the past few decades has revealed that, nonsensical though it may sound, a baby’s babble actually lays the groundwork for the development of language in later life.
What’s the difference between babbling and cooing?
Cooing is the vowel sounds: oooooooh, aaaaaaaah, while babbling is the introduction of some consonant sounds.
What is the meaning of babble in English?
1a : to talk enthusiastically or excessively. b : to utter meaningless or unintelligible sounds. 2 : to make sounds as though babbling. transitive verb. 1 : to utter in an incoherently or meaninglessly repetitious manner.
What is an example of babbling?
During the canonical stage, the babbling involves reduplicated sounds containing alternations of vowels and consonants, for example, “baba” or “bobo”. Reduplicated babbling (also known as canonical babbling) consists of repeated syllables consisting of consonant and a vowel such as “da da da da” or “ma ma ma ma”.
What is the meaning of gazed?
verb (used without object), gazed, gaz·ing. to look steadily and intently, as with great curiosity, interest, pleasure, or wonder.
What is the meaning of handlooms?
It defined handloom as “handloom means any loom, other than powerloom; and includes any hybrid loom on which at least one process for weaving requires manual intervention or human energy for production”.
Is babbling a sign of talking?
The babbling stage is a sign that your baby’s brain and speech functions are developing, as your baby tries to make sense of things through his first babbles and progresses on to speak a few words or small phrases.